Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bliss!


Like I promised here is our wonderful wedding day!!  Unlike most brides I had a blast planning. Since I wanted the wedding outside I'm not going to lie the only thing I was overly stressed about was the weather.  The week of called for rain all week plus rain on the day of. But thank God everything turned out as planned and the day went great, thanks to my family and friends who helped.  I wanted a simple, stylish, DIY wedding. The pictures will explain it all.  


All Shirts and Ties by Express


Dress by David's Bridal


Dress by Modcloth


Glitter Toms
Flowers by Ludemas


Pants by Bonobos


Chuck Taylors by Converse




  Our wedding was located at a very special place that holds a lot of memories for me.  As a young girl my grandparents owned a apple orchard/farm that was open to the public. Now you can understand why no other location would do. Call me a little stubborn and by a little I mean a lot but I'm one lucky girl to have the grandpa that I do.  He made this wedding possible no words seem fitting to describe how greatful I am.  To all you other brides I'm sorry to say I've never seen another location that is this beautiful. Deciding the colors of my wedding was simple I just went with the apple color theme: red, yellow, and green.  And let me just say though so many people mocked the fact that my husband would be wearing red pants can I just say how in they are now. 




Our reception was located on the same property out back.  My Uncle thought of the great idea for the hayride to transport people to and from.   We had a pig roast with sides and pie for dessert. We also had games to play while we had our pictures taken.  Can you tell the theme here that I didn't want anything traditional. I wanted our day to be so relaxed with a bunch of people coming together to celebrate.







Catered by Adeline Leigh
Dessert Pie by Grand Traverse Pie Company
Homemade Signs :) 


 My mom did all the computer work. She made our invitations, which I might feature on here later, which were themed around the book The Giving Tree.  We decided that the book would be our guestbook. I didn't want the traditional huge picture that I would eventually not want hung or the collage of pictures book. Since my degree is in early childhood a book to read to my children just made sense. Pictured above was handed out to our wedding guest for our ceremony.Instead of the traditional ceremony itinary I wanted something centered around our family and who was in the wedding. I loved this because Mike and I were able to write a little detail about each of the people standing up with us and a thanks to all involved. It was our way of explaining how special they are to us.  




Every table had a basket with apples and a big white balloon attached.  As our favor every guest received apple butter.  My mom of course came up with the cute tag idea and I came up with the saying "spread the love." We didn't hire a DJ and just played our own playlists. 










No comments:

Post a Comment