Monday, February 27, 2012

Resolution

If you don't know me the only thing I would truly want you to know about me is that I am a Jesus follower. As a young child I accepted Jesus in my heart and will honestly say there has never been a time in my life when I have doubted the existence of Jesus. Life is not perfect but my Savior is.

This blog will have postings of what I struggle with, prayer requests, verses, songs, and rants. They will be labeled Walk Humbly. 

I will start out with a rant...A couple weeks ago I watched the music video Courageous by Casting Crowns. The song of course is from the movie Courageous. At the end of the video it has little clips from the movie, that I watched last night with my closest friends. Yes, this video has one meaning about fathers standing up to the fight for their families.  I watched this over and over. As I watched it I just cried. 

Watching this video brought up an underlying issue in my life. My thoughts just snapped into one thought that I have always known: that the devil has such a deep hold on people. This hold sways our decisions. Makes something else more appealing.  The right choice slaps us in the face it becomes too hard making the wrong choice the win. Every wrong choice takes a piece of ourselves away until we crumble. We are all dealt different cards of hurt. Hurt turns us all from God. Turns us into people we are not. Until we are courageous enough to own it. To deal with it. But until we do that, hurt people will hurt people. I believe that hurt is the cause of all our wrong choices. And man did I make a lot of wrong choices.

In this song it says:  We will reignite the passion that we buried deep inside. May the watchers become warriors let the men of God arise.  I love this. We are warriors meant to fight. Which brings up a question in my mind: Who didn't fight for you? or who lost the fight for you?  Meaning what person hurt you or what person fought so hard that their race was over. What I am talking about are two big issues addressed in the video. The hurt of fathers not being present in their children's life or the death of someone close. I agree these two things mess us up. I know now through time that God is right there screaming I know that this is going to hit you hard but please know I am here. God never wants me to hurt but because of others selfish choices or choices of my own the devil enters in.

I love how this movie hit hard the fact that husbands need to be the strong hold of the family.  It brought tears to my eyes to watch each husband say the resolution to their families.  I would love to take this a step further. I would have loved to see the wives take the resolution as well. To say as the mom/wife I too stand firm behind your father/husband. Once I have children, God willing, I will be taking this vow for them. I pray daily I am able to overcome any selfish life happenings for the sake of my children and husband no matter how hard they may seem. That God continues to fight for my heart keeping me away from the devil. That in my weak moments I acknowledge them as such and reach for my Father. I will make a stand to be courageous and fight.  When this resolution is signed every 5 years I would love to renew it. To countless times stand face to face with my family to fight and no matter what walk together.

When Mike and I decide to sign this I would love for my friends to stand with me as accountability partners to sign the resolution as well.  I will be posting on my blog when we decide to do this. Saying this I welcome anyone to join us. It is time for Christians to step up and say "no power of hell no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand till He returns or calls me home here in the power of Christ I stand."  Look at the world around us and see that the devil as work.

AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD

Courageous Music Video


No comments:

Post a Comment